Datasets & NumPy
Note: This can be a pair programming activity or done independently.
From previous days you're already familiar with:
- Fundamental python concepts
- Iteration and looping
- Manipulation of dictionaries and lists
Today we've added a lot more concepts on top of that:
- Numpy and scipy statistics functions
- List comprehensions
- Reading in csv files with python
- Basic statistical concepts on descriptive statistics and distributions
In this lab you're going to combine everything we've learned so far!
Lab 3.4 Starter Code
- Load the "sales_data.csv" with python
- Construct a dictionary version of the data, with keys as column names and values as column data
- Write a function to describe measures of central tendency and measures of variance for the data
- Plot the data distributions and think about the skewness (or symmetry) of the data.