A web application designed for skateboarders to save and share their favorite spots.
Tools and technologies
MERN stack was used
- Google Maps API
- Node Geocoder (used to convert location to latitude/longitude)
- library called react-place-autocomplete (connects to the Google Maps API)
- Figuring out the User experience
- Taking the UX and building components accordingly
- Code got really messy in terms of setting state, passing down props, and making axios calls
- Some of the CRUD functionality was challenging for me, specifically for comments
- Image/video upload
- Data associations for spots/comments per user (currently, all comments/spots are a collective from all users)
- Interactive D3 graph for the tricks done at each spot/park
- A follower/following system
- Ratings for spots/parks
- Figure out a better design and clean up the frontend
- Create a mobile version with React Native
Special thanks to Kenny and Brock for helping me work out some time consuming bugs (Comment CRUD/Maps).
Thanks to my cohort for being supportive and giving advice throughout this whole program!