- Answer the question, what is Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)?
- Identify and define: a class, an instance, a constructor and inheritance
- Use the
newkeyword to create instances of a class
- Create a class that inherits from another using the
|Object Oriented Programming||Define and discuss the key concepts of OOP as a paradigm of software development.|
|Gladiator||Mini-lab on using OOJS to implement a simple Gladiator game.|
Quiz Questions (10 minutes / 2:00)
- What are the benefits to using an OOP approach to programming?
- What is a class? What is
new? How are they related?
- What does it mean to use "inheritance" when working with classes?
- How do we indicate that one class inherits from another?
- What does
- MDN Documentation on Classes
- Static Members in ES6
- Lesson: JS View Classes