Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
Our favorite AI nemesis, HAL9000 vs. Dave Bowman
Grading Rubric (Pass/Partial/Fail)
- Construct a chatbot that responds to various inputs from Dave
- Feel free to use the HTML and CSS scaffolds or construct your own
- Be creative with your logic and responses!
- Feel free to also change the characters and anything in the starter code—be creative!
- Have the AI respond to user input
- Do at least 3 different things
- One of the commands must utilize the list of people in the class to send a reply
- Use at least 1 conditional to change the response
- Leverage a for loop to iterate over a collection
- Use a random component
- Go above and beyond simple
- Have 2 or more AIs responding based upon user input
- Use a regular expression to parse and manipulate the response
- Have a conversation between two AIs (without creating an infinite loop!)
- A working chatbot hosted somewhere publicly accessible (CodePen, Github Pages, etc.)
- A new git respository containing your code
README.md file with explanations of what your bot does, what commands it responds to, the approach taken, unsolved problems, etc.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.