constructor function, are part of the Web API provided by browsers. These
objects perform asynchronous network operations (a.k.a. AJAX in jQuery). In
$.ajax returns something called a "deferred object" that implements
the Promises/A+ specification.. In this talk,
we'll create a Promise interface for xhr using native promises and native xhr.
- Familiarity with jQuery
By the end of this, developers should be able to:
- Organize solutions to evented APIs using callbacks and promises.
- Fork and clone this repository.
- Install dependencies with
Annotate Along: XML HTTP Requests
We'll use the library-api we
used when first learning about
$.ajax to handle requests.
Let's examine and run the code in
Then let's do the same with
Lab: Compare XHR with AJAX
List the differences and similarities between
Could you build a simplified version of
$.ajax based on the code in
- All content is licensed under a CCBYNCSA 4.0 license.
- All software code is licensed under GNU GPLv3. For commercial use or alternative licensing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.